1. Have you ever thought about the variety of God’s graces in your life? Not only has He rescued you by giving you favor when you only deserved punishment (Romans 3.23-24) But now every part of your life is always carried, undergirded, enabled and empowered by His ever-arriving sustaining grace! Consider and discuss God’s undeserved sustaining grace to us in these, and other verses:
2 Corinthians 12.8-10, Hebrews 4.16, Titus 2.11-12, 1 Corinthians 15.9-10
2. Where would someone who knows you well (and loves you) say you struggle with obeying Jesus?
3. How can God’s ever-arriving sustaining grace empower you to obey Him when you sometimes don’t even want to (question 2)? Consider Hebrews 4.14-16. How do we approach God’s throne of grace?
4. Think about a place in your life that continues to be difficult or painful, maybe even a “thorn in the flesh” (2 Corinthians 12.8-10) and share your story with your group.
5. Sometimes God graciously heals us, or lifts the pain. Other times He does not—see 2 Corinthians 12.9. Sunday, Pastor Gary shared this thought: “God’s sustaining grace is not a lesser grace than healing grace. Maybe it’s an even greater grace because it tethers us to The One who gives all grace.” Have you experience God’s all-ways sufficient sustaining grace in a difficult part of your life (question 4)? Share how He has carried you, and carries you even now.
6. Pray for one another, that we each would know his ever-arriving all-ways sustaining grace in those difficult places in our lives and relationships.