Read Jeremiah 33:14-16 and Hebrews 6:13-20
1. What are the promises God made according to these passages?
2. What effect did God's promises have on the descendants of Abraham? How does this affect Christians now?
3. How do these promises relate to the fact that our hope is firm and secure?
4. What do you think is meant by the description that hope is an “anchor for the soul?”
5. What promises of God are your anchor?
6. There are three kinds of hope: wishful, expectant, and certain hope. How did Jesus' life, death, and resurrection guarantee that our hope can be certain?
7. Job 8:13(TLB) "Those who forget God have no hope." Israel needed constant reminders. How do you get reminded of God's promises in order to keep your hope? How can you remind others so they can have hope in God?