Read 1 John 2:15-17
1. If you only had an hour left to live, how would you spend this time?
2. What does John mean by "the world"?
3. What does it mean to love the world?
4. Why does John not give us the option, which seems possible, to be partially committed both to God and to the world?
5. In what areas of your life does love for the world compete with love for God: In your use of money? Time? Priorities? Relationships?
6. How did Jesus deny the love of the world in order to do the will of the Father? (see Matthew 4:1-11)
7. Pray and ask Jesus to empower you to be more like him and help you get rid of worldly distractions so that you can do the will of God and fulfill the purpose he has for you.