Read Matthew 5:14-16
1. Why does Jesus call us the light of the world?
2. What is it that brought us light?
3. What makes us different from the rest of the world?
4. How can we be a counter-cultural community within the city?
5. In what ways are we tempted to keep our light hidden?
6. What is the purpose for letting our light shine?
Read Jeremiah 29:7
1. What does the Shalom (peace and prosperity) of the city looks like?
2. In the city there are commuters, survivors, consumers, and natives. Which one are you?
3. What does it mean to be a lover of the city? How can you love the city?
4. How will you prosper if the city prospers?