* Randy Pope's Daily Prayer for Walking in the Spirit: Resolved to consider what I know and to present to you the members of my body as instruments of righteousness. I present to you my eyes, etc.
1. Read Romans 6:3,6 & 9. In each verse Paul exhorts Christians to know. Describe the role of the mind in walking in the Spirit (and walking in the freedom of the Spirit).
2. Read Romans 6:3. If the old self is dead and the old sin nature (i.e. the body of sin) has been rendered powerless, then why don’t we experience more freedom and victory?
3. Read 1 Cor. 7:23 and Hebrews 8:12. Discuss what it means for God to not remember your sin and how this impacts your freedom.
4. Read Romans 6:4. Discuss the vital elements that help you walk in newness of life.
5. Read Romans 6:11. Why does Paul encourage us to consider something we already know (i.e. that we are dead to sin)? How can considering help you walk in the Spirit?
6. Read Romans 6:12-14. How does presenting the instruments of your body (and representing throughout the day) help you walk in the Spirit?