1. Read Ephesians 6:1-2. God commands us to honor (not trust) our parents. Discuss how this impacts your relationship with your parents.
2. Pastor Stephen mentioned that honor means to give weight or significance to. In light of this, how can you honor your parents?
3. Read Ephesians 6:3-4. Pastor Stephen quoted John Piper saying that this does not mean that parents shouldn't cross their children's desires at all, but instead should cross their desires to show them God's great purposes for their lives. Discuss whether this was true in your home growing up and if it is true in your home now.
4. Read Ephesians 6:4. How does Ephesians 6:4 help you understand the definition of a biblical parent as opposed to a biological parent. Discuss.
5. Read Ephesians 6:4. Discuss either how your parents did in living out the biblical guidelines for parenting or how you are doing?
6. Describe how a relationship with God as father can empower and strengthen you to honor your father and mother.