Read Ephesians 2:14-18 and pray for your time together.
1. Recall a time that you felt safe and at peace, fully able relax. Why were you able to feel so at peace in that moment?
2. How have you experienced hostility in the world around you? How was that experience different from the moment of peace you just recalled?
3. In what situations is hostility towards others your first reaction? What do those walls of hostility look like? Indifference? Judgement? Anger?
4. Read Ephesians 2:14-18 again. Notice how Jesus tore down walls of hostility "through the cross." How do you respond to knowing that Jesus died to make you and the church a home of Shalom?
5. Kierkegaard said, “Christ came to the world with the purpose of saving the world, also with the purpose... of being the prototype, of leaving footprints, for the person who wants to join him, who then might become an imitator.”
How is Jesus inviting you to be an imitator of him, working to tear downs walls of hostility and moving towards Shalom by the power of his Spirit?