1. Read Psalm 130: 1-8. How does God meet the psalmist in his suffering?
2. While God certainly heals us, delivers us from pain, and protects us, suffering is common in all human experience. Why are we tempted to dismiss or deny suffering? Why is it important to have a Biblical perspective on suffering?
3. Why does choosing to love others increase the likelihood of our suffering?
4. In verses 3 and 4, the psalmist preaches the gospel to his own heart. Why is this an important spiritual discipline to learn?
5. Read 2 Corinthians 1: 3-5. How do these verses show us one way that God redeems our suffering?
6. Read Matthew 5: 2-10. How does suffering point to God's glory?