1. Have you thought of God as primarily happy or not? Why or why not?
2. Read Ps. 1:1. What is the significance of using the metaphor of walk/stand/sit in relationship to happiness?
3. Read Ps. 1:1. Pastor Stephen mentioned that blessed (asher in Hebrew) can also mean joy, satisfied, or fulfilled. Discuss how this impacts traditional dichotomies that we have made between joy/happiness and between happiness/holiness.
4. Read Ps. 1:2. Discuss why happiness is a by-product as opposed to something you seek directly.
5. Read Ps. 1:3, Mt. 5:4, and 2 Cor. 4:10. Discuss how happiness and sadness relate to one another.
6. Read Ps. 46:10, Lk. 2;10, and Mt. 25:13. How does the happiness of God affect your happiness.