1. Read Philippians 3:7-15. According to Paul, who is mature and who is immature?
2. Read Philippians 3:16-17; Proverbs 22:6. Describe what being discipled (or the lack thereof) looked like in your household growing up. What does it look like presently?
3. Read Philippians 3:18-19. Who are the enemies of the cross of Christ? Based on Paul’s description, how do you find yourself acting like an enemy of the cross of Christ at times?
4. Read Philippians 3: 20-21. Describe the historical situation which would have influenced how the Philippians would have heard Paul’s message that they are citizens of heaven.
5. How does being a citizen of heaven impact your day-to-day life?
6. How do you see the gospel in this text?