1. Read Colossians 1:24-29. How is our normal understanding of maturity similar to spiritual maturity, and how is spiritual maturity different?
2. Paul writes that he labors for the spiritual maturity of everyone, but he does not explain why it is so important. Why do you think God values spiritual maturity so greatly?
3. Read 1 Peter 2: 1-3 and Hebrews 5: 11-14. What is the difference between spiritual milk and spiritual meat? How do we ensure that we have a diet that includes both?
4. The sermon spoke of our need for Godś word but not much about how to access and apply Godś word. What strategies, Bible reading plans, or devotional helps have you benefited from?
5. What does Paul mean when he writes that God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory? What does this look like?
I. Spiritual Formation: the purpose of God for us, revealed by the word of God to us,
II. God calls us to spiritual maturity: a stewardshp of suffering servanthood
III. The mystery of Christ in us: conceived by the word of God, born of the word of God, sustained by the word of God, developed by the word of God, glorified by the word of God.