Read John 5:1-15
1. How do you think the man in this story who had been disabled for 38 years felt? helpless, dependent, bitter, angry, discouraged, depressed, resigned to his condition?
2. How do you think the man felt when Jesus asked him, "Do you want to get well?" Insulted, cared for, challenged, mocked, hopeful, cynical?
3. How can you relate to this story in terms of your life?
4. Do you have "baggage" that is holding you back from growing this year?
5. Can you name your "baggage"?
6. Do you want to get well?
7. What ailments - physical, spiritual, emotional, financial, or otherwise - do you need Jesus to treat in your life?
Read Galatians 5:1 and Psalm 71:20
1. Do you believe Jesus has set you free?
2. How can He restore your life in 2018?