Read Nehemiah 8-10
1. How do people first respond to the Book of the Law of Moses (vv. 3, 5, 6, 9)? How do you account for this response?
2. What happens when they truly understand? (vv. 9-12)
3. When they confessed their sins, what did they say was the source of their problems? (vv. 36-37)
4. How important was the reading of God's Word in your own spiritual renewal?
5. When you "saw the light," did you weep and mourn? Celebrate with joy? Did you then give to the poor or reach out to others on the margins of society?
6. How does a Christian today show sincerity in one's confession and repentance of sin?
7. What three activities from this passage would be foundational to the renewal of our church? How could your Bridge Group help in one such activity?
8. In our church, what seems most neglected? (a) The Oficina? (b) God's Word? (c) People? (d) Leaders? (e) The Christian lifestyle? (f) Other? Why do you think so?
9. What will you as individuals and as a group do next week as a direct result of renewing your covenant vows today?