1. Read Romans 8:35-39. What do you assume God thinks and feels when he thinks about you? Don't commit to the first thought that comes to mind. Take a couple minutes to consider this question. Share with your group.
2. In light of this passage are your assumptions about how God feels and thinks about you biblically legitimate? Why or why not?
3. How can you be sure that God's love is unconditional and personal? How does Peter's story attest to Christ's unconditional and personal love? (John 21)
4. Describe a time you felt like Peter. Have you ever felt like running away from God as far as you can, and even thought that you might have jeopardized your salvation? What happened that made you feel that way?
5. God's invitation to is to come as you are. What does that look like for you?