1. Read Romans 8:28. This promise is only for those who love God. Describe how you know whether or not you love God.
2. John Newton summarized Romans 8:28 this way, “Everything is necessary that he sends. Nothing can be necessary that he withholds.” Discuss.
3. Read Romans 8:29. Discuss why Paul’s use of the term predestined here shouldn’t be accompanied by any of the typical debates that surround the term when he uses it elsewhere.
4. Read Romans 8:30. Describe why and how the sure and certain reality of our glorification connects with God working all things for our good.
5. How does the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus help you know that God is good and that he will work all things for our good?