1. Read Romans 6:15. Discuss how you would respond to Keira Knightley, who says, “If only I wasn’t an atheist, I could get away with anything. You’d just ask for forgiveness and then you’d be forgiven. It sounds much better than to live with guilt.”
2. Read Romans 6:12,16,22. Pastor Stephen gave 4 tests to help you determine if you are living as a slave to sin by having your desires become over-desires (epi in Greek): rage, despair, paralyzing stress, and mind drift. Describe how one or more of these tests help you see an area of your life (past or present) that was or is in slavery to sin.
3. Read Romans 6:17-18. Discuss how “spewing forth praise” helps you walk in the Spirit.
4. Read Romans 6:17-18. Discuss the difference between heart obedience that comes from a gospel allegiance and obedience that flows out of religion. How have you seen this in your life?
5. How do you see Jesus’s allegiance motivating your allegiance?