1. Read Eph. 6:10-15. Pastor Stephen mentioned that fitting your feet with the gospel of peace brings about a readiness in your life, giving you traction, protection, and gospel agility. Discuss which you need most and why.
2. Read Eph. 6:16. Roman shields were really large (almost the size of a door) and used at the most strategic point of breaching the wall of the city when there was an onslaught of fiery darts by the enemy. This was done to create fear and cause retreat. Discuss the significance of this in your life.
3. Read 1 Peter 4:12, Dt. 1:30, and Heb. 12:2. Describe how these verses help you wield the shield of faith.
4. Read Eph. 6:17. Discuss what “saved thinking” looks like as the enemy shoots fiery darts of doubt” at you.
5. Read 2 Cor. 10:4-5. Describe how footholds become strongholds, and, secondarily, how strongholds are demolished.
6. Discuss how you maximize the effectiveness of the sword of the Spirit.