1. Read Gen. 2:18. When God says, “It is not good for man to be alone,” the implication is that man is lacking things that a helper (ezer) can bring. If you are married, describe how this dynamic works out in your marriage. If you are not married, discuss how this shapes the way you view the role of a wife.
2. Read Gen. 2:18 and Ps. 33:20. Ezer (i.e. a helper) refers to God 16 out of 21 times in the Bible. Pastor Stephen mentioned that an ezer (i.e. a helper) is someone who, like God, battles FOR & WITH her husband. Discuss how this works out in marriage.
3. Read Eph. 5:21-23. Why is submission viewed so negatively in our culture?
4. Read Eph. 5:21-23. Have you thought of (or experienced) submission as tie-breaking authority? Discuss.
5. Read Eph. 5:33. Discuss what leads wives to respect their husbands.
6. Discuss the relationship between trust, respect, and servant leadership.
6. How do you see Jesus as the ultimate helper?