1. Read Eph. 5:21. If you are married, discuss what mutual submission out of reverence for Christ looks like? If you are not married, then describe how you work out this principle of mutual submission out of reverence for Christ in your community.
2. Read Eph. 5:22-23; Judges 1:11, and Eph. 1:22. Pastor Stephen argued that these verses show that headship involves leadership. If you are married, describe what headship looks like in your marriage. If you are not married, then describe your reaction to male headship.
3. Read Eph. 5:23, 25 and John 13:12-15. Discuss how this concept of servant leadership changes the conversation about headship.
4. Read Eph. 5:25-29. Why do you think Paul says that an aspect of servant-leadership is caring for your wife as you care for your own body?
5. Read Eph. 5:33. Discuss this statement: headship is earned, not demanded.
6. Read Eph. 5:31-32. Describe how Jesus changes the game of headship.