1. Read Eph. 2:10 & Heb. 2:10. Pastor Stephen mentioned that the Greek word for handiwork is poeima, from which we get our word poem. Describe the role that the genre of suffering plays in your journey.
2. Read Col. 1:22. Just as poetry is exact (think iambic pentameter), God is committed to exact perfection in us. How does this impact you? What is one area that you see God perfecting you in?
3. Read Eph. 2:8-10. The refrain of our poem is grace. Notice that grace comes first (i.e. we’re saved by grace), then faith. Why does this matter to you?
4. Read Eph. 2:10. Discuss how this verse shapes your work (paid or unpaid) this week.
5. Read Eph. 2:1-3. What is the flesh? What is an area of the flesh that you are seeking to crucify?
6. Read Eph. 2:4-6. God’s express desire is to pour out on us the incomparable riches of his grace. Are you experiencing this? Why or why not?