1. Read Ephesians 1:13-14. Pastor Stephen mentioned that giving of your time, talent, and treasures leads to growing this deposit of the Holy Spirit. Describe how this has been true in your life.
2. Read 2 Cor. 8:1-2. The Macedonians were in the midst of a very severe trial that resulted in extreme poverty, but also overflowing joy and rich generosity. Discuss how this is possible and what it tells you about the Macedonians?
3. Read 2 Corinthians 8:3-4. Pastor Stephen mentioned that our church is $65,000 behind on our offerings for the fiscal year ending June 30? The elders and financial oversight team proposed a 3-month pledge that would encourage giving over and above our normal tithes and offerings that would encourage us to, like the Macedonians, give beyond our ability (meaning sacrificially). Describe how giving in this way could be a way to help you grow the deposit of the Spirit that has been placed inside of you (i.e. for you to grow spiritually)?
4. Read Ephesians 1:11-12. What does it look like for you to be for the praise of his glory versus being for the praise of your own glory?
5. Read Ephesians 1:13-14. What is a seal? Describe what it means to be marked by God’s seal.
6. Read Ephesians 1:13-14. What is a deposit? How does the Holy Spirit function as a deposit in your life?
7. Read Romans 8:17. How does your future inheritance shape your present reality?