Message Discussion Questions
1. When you were a kid and someone asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up,” how did you respond?
2. Read Lk. 10:27; I Cor. 10:31, Rev. 4:11 and Lk. 2:10. Pastor Stephen stated that our first purpose, per Rick Warren, is that we’re “planned for His Pleasure,” meaning that our first purpose is worship. Discuss one way that you try to orient your heart toward living out this purpose of worship each day.
3. If you’re a follower of Jesus, describe one way that you seek to worship God in and through your work. If you’re not yet a follower of Jesus, describe how your work aligns with your purpose in life.
4. What is the most consistent thing that keeps you from living out your purpose of worshipping God in your daily life?
5. Read 1 Pet. 2:5. The second purpose of our lives is that we’re formed for a family (i.e. for fellowship in the family of God). Describe how and why being a living stone demands an integrated life in the church.
6. What is the most significant obstacle that keeps you from living out your second purpose of fellowship/friendship in the church and how you can overcome it?
7. How does Jesus repurpose you for His purposes?