1. Read Ps. 10:1. Describe a time when you felt like the Psalmist in this verse.
2. Read Ps. 22:7-8 and Mt. 27:41. How does the fact that these verses were actually about an intense period of Christ’s loneliness (not just David’s) affect you as you think about your own periods of loneliness?
3. Read Ps. 22:17-18 & Lk. 23:34. How do you think this impacted Christ?
4. Read Ps. 22:1 and Mark 15:34. How does the usage of the word “my” lead us to see that Jesus never lost faith in His Father or love for His Father?
5. Read Is. 59:2 & 2 Cor. 5:21. How do these verses explain the “why” behind Jesus’ question, “My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?”
6. Read John 14:18. How does this promise speak to you? Give an example of how you have seen this to be true.