1. Read Luke 3: 1-6. Verses 4-6 provide a picture of the Kingdom of God coming in our lives and world. Discuss which aspect you find most compelling and challenging? Why?
2. Read Luke 3:8 and Lk. 1:16. What is repentance? How do you live a lifetime of repentance?
3. Why do you think John compares true spiritual growth (based on repentance and faith in Christ) to fruit?
4. Read Luke 3:10-20. After just telling religious, church-going people that they can’t DO anything to earn a relationship with God, why does John give them a TO DO list?
5. Read John 12:24. How does this verse help you see the gospel in our text?