1. Read Phil. 3:10-12. What is Paul’s goal?
2. Read John 6:44 and Philippians 3:12. How is the idea that Christ takes hold of us (before we take hold of him) both unique to Christianity and also a bit scary?
3. Read John 10:28 & Phil. 3:12. How does Christ taking hold of you bring comfort?
4. Describe what you are doing to take hold of that for which he has taken hold of you.
5. Read Phil. 3:13. What does it look like for you to forget what is behind and strain toward your spiritual goal of knowing Christ and the power of His Resurrection?
6. How do you see the gospel in this text?