1. Read Lk. 7:36-38. What is the significance of the prostitute letting her hair down?
2. What is the significance of her pouring her perfume out of the alabaster jar onto the feet of Jesus?
3. Notice that the prostitute is willing to surrender control; Simon is not. Discuss one area of your life that is difficult to surrender control to Jesus? If you are not yet a Christian, discuss an area that you have difficult controlling.
4. Read Lk. 7:39-50. Discuss why it is spiritually important to see yourself as owing the larger debt?
5. Read Phil. 2:7-8; Eph. 5:2; 2 Cor. 2:15. Discuss how you see the gospel in the widows pouring out of her perfume and pointing you to Christ’s pouring out of his life.