1. Read Luke 6:43-44 and Gal. 5:22-23. Discuss how the concept of fruit is playing out in your spiritual journey.
2. Read Luke 6:45. Give an example from your life of how your words reveal what is inside your heart.
3. Read 2 Tim. 3:2-4, James 5:16. Pastor Stephen noted that the problem with all of our hearts, according to Augustine and Martin Luther and the Bible, is a curving inward on ourselves. Describe how confession begins to straighten your heart.
4. Read Ps. 103:1. Discuss why confession should, normally, be coupled with thanksgiving and how thanksgiving and praise shape your heart?
5. Read Luke 6:46-49. Discuss the link between obedience and knowing Jesus. What is one area you are struggling with when it comes to obedience?
6. How is Jesus the hope for your integrity?