1. Read Phil. 1: 15-18. How does the way Paul handled people who disagreed with him and were “stirring up trouble” for him speak to you?
2. Notice that Paul’s career (planting churches) has been hijacked because he is in a maximum security prison on death row (and he is still rejoicing!). Are you able to rejoice when your career is struggling. Why or why not?
3. Read Phil. 1:19-21. Apply verse 21 to the recent events in Ferguson. How does verse 21 help us with racism?
4. Read Gal. 3:28; Col. 3:11. Describe how the gospel reframes race in America.
5. How can you be apart of constructing Christ’s new humanity here on earth?