Scripture: Acts 9:1-19
1. Describe what you think makes personal transformation so difficult.
2. Read Acts 9: 1-6. In verse 6, you see that Saul’s transformation involves a transformation of his life purpose because Jesus says that he is going to tell him “what he must do.” Discuss the impact of this spiritual truth on you, namely that the Holy-Spirit transforms your life purpose.
3. Read Acts 9:7-16. Notice that Jesus tells Paul that He is transforming his life so that he can transform others (i.e. the Gentiles), but to do so Paul must suffer. In effect, Jesus is saying you, “I am saving you to save others, but it’s going to hurt. You will suffer, like I did.” Describe how you feel about this and how you have seen this to be true.
4. Read Acts 9:17-19; Philippians 4:12, & 2 Cor. 3:18. The Holy Spirit creates an inward transformation that is ongoing for the rest of your life. Discuss how this impacts your view of yourself and others and give one example of where the Holy Spirit is continuing to change you. If you haven’t yet experienced the Holy Spirit, then describe an area that you’re seeking to change.
5. How does this story about transformation point you to Jesus?